Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Monday, May 22, 2006
After A Long Absence... A Long Post
Here we go again. What happened after the exams? Must have gone to enjoy myself? Yeah, sort of, but also been super busy, in many aspects.

First off, the exams was alrite. Felt I study more this time round, with textbooks and all. I wouldn't usually touch the textbook, but this sem really needed it. A few days back, there was this link going round where we could see our 'new' CAP score, but not indivdual grades. It wasn't good, I hoping it'd turn out better. I'll only know when I get back from Malaysia. At least I get to truely enjoy a decent holiday before the nightmare sets in.

Preparing it was kinda manageable, but still the usual last minute rush for admin stuff. Gotta thank that most of my comm were still around doing things. So just had to make sure things got done, rather than do it myself.

In sort of chronological order of events....--> Friday, 5th May, that day morning was like a rush to get the paper over and done with. Studying and waiting for it for a week was torture. And it was the last last paper, and there no one to "suan" that you're not the last paper. So you get the brunt of it. Anyway, after the paper, it was off to enjoy. First off, movie marathon. I had one a week back after my second last paper ended, but this one's in the lounge. I'll list out the movies with my comments later. Cos after that, I've been watching movies non-stop to clear my harddrive.

Next up, was the comms. Astro as I said, was alright. Most ended early and resumed working out the admin for the trip. I just had to catch up with what was happening before the meeting on that Monday.

Over the weekend, was the other comm, Hall Pub. The movie marathon really tired me out, but enjoyed it. It was only to be a short enjoyment cos came Sunday it was back working for the Hall. Layout and design was tough. I already had a briefing before my exams were over so that I could get right into work. But then again, doing this really helped in reflecting what went on the whole past year. Good timing since people are leaving and the 3 months ahead. Closing a chapter and opening a new one. Still more to be done till now. But I can safely say the bulk of the sai kang is over. The rest should be just formating.

Next, RAG comm. People were already leaving before my exams had finished. I got the news that I was in charge days before my last paper. I was stunned, damned and what the hell. Tried not to think of it or read the mail till my movie marathon was over. That Monday after, read the mail and catch up on who's who. It was like trying to get the steering wheel and getting the car to drive straight again after the driver disappeared for a few days and the car was wandering. By now, there was a ton of things on my head. Headaches after exams, who would have thought of that. My friend only had 4 words to say. "You asked for it."

In between it all, I had to see people off. Good friends who were leaving for better shores. It could be the last time I'd ever see them again. I did think of getting gifts, but my busy schedule that week and and grasping all the stuff sided with my laziness. So in the end, it was just a wave goodbye. Their images remain in my head and will so till I meet them again.

Came Saturday, had to go to a friend's bday party. Minds Cafe @ Boat Quay. Cool place with cool board games. Learnt a new one called Blokus. Google it, quite fun to play. That same night was also the FA Cup final. Nerve wrecking it was. For a while I was listening to it over BBC radio. Quite old school, but still could feel the excitment. In the end I saw the extra time and penalties. Just in time to join the celebrations. Last year I missed it until they lifted the trophy. Made sure I couldn't this time round.

The next week was supposed to go to genting with me secondary school friends. But due to low turn out, it was postponed. Later it was cancelled. Guess I was being too assertive maybe, cos my friend had that idea, and I said why not get the whole gang to go. I guess asking out a few friends whom you never met for quite a while to go on a short trip wasn't a good idea. I suggested downgrading it to just a dinner outing. In the end, it's just like 4 people watching X-men next Monday.

The rest of that week was spent clearing the RAG area. There was NUSSU meetings, meetings with Hall people. Sometimes I see the state and shake my head. But as I say, until the white tree falls, there is hope. One reason for going exchange is to escape from it all, but that's another issue to talk about.

The science office called me a few days back. They said I gotta remap my modules all over again. It got me all thinking again. To go or not to go. It's just getting harder and harder. Rejection is an easy way out, but there are also consequences. There are push and pull forces going around me. It's up to me to deicide.

Now at home... downloading music... still a long way to go....

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE