Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Saturday, February 09, 2008
Happy Chinese New Year 2008!!
Haven't been blogging for quite a while. Just been busy n clearing n sorting stuff. By the time I got time to blog, it's usually after a long game of CZ or just wanting to spend time to catch up on shows that I downloaded.

Now that I've cleared the stuff before CNY and now that it's the 2nd day, could finally spend some time clearing stuff on friendster, adding frens and of course checking out this blog. It was then I realised my fren posted something on another blog. No wonder he sent me an sms. Haven't met him for a long time, but hey, it's was a nice update.

Looking forward, I'm, erm, still free on vday. Not really planning anything, cept for a movie marathon at my laptop. Yeah, vday is like next week.

Before we get to vday, how's everyone's CNY? Must be the usual i guess. Mine was same as before, except tht i invited a few frens from Hall this time round though. Counted the usual angbaos, meeting the same relatives, catching up with the usual questions.

And before CNY, besides all the clearing and cleaning my stuff that I've been telling ppl for like a month (I was really doing this for a month since I grad and moved back home), I was also job hunting (which I kept telling everyone as well) and signed up for Yoga class. Yup u heard me. No, I'm not stressed yet but hey there's no harm. So far only one replied to my resumes and email, which I'm doing as part-time at the moment. The boss did offer full-time though, but I'm still keeping my options open. But this one reply was kinda like my dream job.

Job description(my opening line for ppl): I bring kids to field trips. Trips to the beach, mangrove, etc and teach them about the wildlife there. At the same time, I also do CIP with them, ie, community service hours. Then I tell them about conservation and the environment. Each trip last an afternoon (1pm-5pm) and it's max 3 times a week on weekdays. How much I'm really paid? I'm not really sure actually. But during the interview my boss said 36/hr, which is good sh*t seriously. But hey, you don't get many ppl who can point to you something at the beach and start talking what animal it is ok...

So why does it fit my dream job? 1. I'm doing something related to my degree. Not many ppl do that nowadays. 2. I'm not stuck in the lab, and I get to go outdoors like all the time. 3. I get to impart my knowledge to the next generation, which I do for astro, so now it's biology. 4. The ppl like super friendly and eco-friendly, you can't find a better working environment than this.

So what's stopping you doing full time? Well, the full time pay doesn't sound nice. And if there's a lab job paying higher, I'm willing to tahan and do it for now, period. So since the rejection rate is getting higher, it's time to really send more resumes. Another indicator is that I just went back hall to eat dinner, which I once said, "If you come back and have hall dinner, it's really time to press the red button." So yeah, it's time to panic. But yeah, CNY's here and here I am blogging with all the time in the world.

As for the Yoga classes, I just went for my first lesson on CNY eve. There were like only 8 ppl, and I was the only guy. Think gotta get used to it. It was a basic yoga class, so it's mainly stretching and doing some basic yoga positions. Still, I broke out a sweat and some of my muscles were aching the next day. Signs of old age. But yeah, the first impression ppl give me is like, "you go to pick up girls is it?" I can't deny the ease of that, but hell you gotta look like a regular first and at least look semi-pro before trying to take these ppl who go like all the time.

But that's not the point. I do have ppl in mind but just can't decide at the moment. It's like holding a grenade but not knowing when to let the pin go and count the 3 seconds. I just can't seem to forsee when the end of that 3 seconds is. But just like a grenade, sometimes you just gotta throw it and hopes it explodes and hits the mark.

Btw, my movie reviews are now in my Facebook flixster app. SQuabble DaBble will be for a shows I dl (TV+Shows).