Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Wednesday, February 09, 2005
CNY Day 1 (Draft 1)
A good old friend of mine just called. I had visitors so I told him I’d call him later. Now just trying to call him back. Lots of stuff to talk about. He’s someone you can really confide in. Maybe this is what Chinese New Year is all about, catching up with people, people who you are close to, but don’t have time for each other anymore, when all of us have gone separate paths. It’s just like reaching the crossroads again, saying hi, and then saying “I’ll see u again after a year.” Somehow, you’ll always feel closer to these people, even though you just see them once a year, while you always sense a distance with those you see everyday. Maybe it’s because they’ve left and now you cherish that meeting more than anything else.

How was my day? As usual I suppose, exactly what I’d do every year. The morning started with the visits to the two temples. Somehow our objectives changes, 1st was candy, 2nd the angbaos, now the gals that come. Maybe I was just desperate. After that, went down to my maternal grandmother’s house for lunch, met the maternal side of the family. Some left early, but left their angbaos for me with my mum. Good to see everybody in good spirits, while I myself might be feeling tired, didn’t feel like talking. Went over to check out my 2nd uncle’s new house. Boy was it gorgeous; it had that woody feeling, with rattan curtains and furniture with wooden finishes. Feel like you just wanna laze around in his house. By the time I came back home, Uncle Renny was there, always here at the usual time. Exchanged a few pleasantries before they left for dinner. As for the night, it’s finally time to relax. Catch up an old friend, watch TV, old shows on my HDD. Squeeze in a few more stuff here n there. Maybe even start reading my textbooks.A note to add the night before. Had the usual reunion dinner, but it’s been getting quiet lately. Later in the night, had the midnight prayer and offerings which I helped out. Took a few photos to remind myself how grand it was and what it is today.