Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Wednesday, June 01, 2005
The Liverpool Miracle
Anyway, I'd to tell u guys what I was doing when the Liverpool miracle happened.

I was in HK watching in the hotel room, sitting on my bed. 1st, the line up. The camera panned from AC to Liverpool. AC Milan- the stars flashed across the screen. Each of them must have a world cup medal in their cupboard or something. Next was Liverpool, the usual lineup until the last 2, Kewell and Traore. I thought, what was Rafa thinking?? Hopes slimmed by 10%... Match start, 1st min score. Sian diaoz.... hopes slim by 10% more. Game plays on, AC was fluid and Liverpool as usual just can't get the finishing touches right. Hopes slim 20% more. Then 2 more goals, 10% and 20% respectively gone liao... Kewell subbed for Smicer, who was leaving the club. I thought, how can let him play, sure no commitment one. 10% hopes gone. I was sinking into my bed liao. Lost my backbone in the process.

Half time. 3-0 down, not playing well, sucky line-up, no Cisse, Hamann. I thought it was over. I had a long day and another long day ahead, sleeping was on my mind. At least I won't see the horror unfold. It would be easier to read the end score in the news, at least the shock won't be that bad. I decided to wait and watch the 2nd half with me lying on my side. Besides, missing a few minutes here and there dozing off won't matter anyway.

I dozed off. I woke up, opened my eyes and saw.... Gerrard lifting the Cup. I was wondering, how come red shirts lifting the Cup and not white. Shouldn't AC won? I thought I was dreaming. I sat up, and wait a minute, I recognise those people celebrating. Isn't it the whole Liverpool team? I was still dazed for 5 mins. I went to the toilet and out again, stunned at how Liverpool could have won 3-0 down. 4-3? Nah, they can't be that zai. But could they? I rush out to the internet station at the hotel to check. Aiyah, won on penalties. Amazing they could tahan the extra time. Well, only the end was important, and we won it.

Waited the whole day until in the evening when I saw the news that I saw the goals. All were good goals. Guess I missed the magic moment, but I'm downloading it now. Will relish it soon enough.

What were you guys doing when Liverpool did the miracle?

Top banner voted by the Liverpool website:
No small toffees for feast tonight
Kopites party with Turkish delight
Jose, Sir Alex... London press
All choking on sweet success
Money, not love, is your drive
But tell us... Can you count to five?