Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Wednesday, April 12, 2006
Of Things Great & Small
If can pass my test on Thur, my answers will become Toto winning numbers. I've been like studying this for the past 3 days and nothings really went into my head. Ok, so maybe I understood what was happening, now I'm left with 24 hours to memorise all of them. I just hope it works out. It's been the plan for the whole week. In fact, it was the only plan - to study for the test. All the extra stuff like doing layout (which I spent, no, wasted, most of tonight doing), finishing my moon project (ok this was serious, but could have been better) and all the odds n ends along the way kinda stalled my studying a bit. It was expected though, and so far, my plan to read everything (notes only) and have a day left worked.

As for the layout, this was more "siong" than doing a normal issue. A normal issue would have a least a week to do 2 articles. But now, it's 4 articles in a night. Sheesh, I was almost punctured by the last article. I could have swore my creativity ran dry as a riverbed. Then the previous night, there was the moon tutorial. It was kinda like a miniproject of sorts. Anyway, we were left with compiling the info and I had to research on one more explanation. But in the end, I learnt something new that I didn't realise in astronomy. The crescent moon's tilt actually changes through the months. Never realise until now. But well, I think the project could have finished earlier had not one of our members went AWOL. And it always turns out that it's left with me, and finally EV and RS to finish off the job. Well, never occurred to me that things had turned out so serious that we considered emailing our lecturer. I've had bad project-mates but not until like that. But true lah, he really went AWOL and deserved this. Oh well, hope he S/U the module.

In all, this week has been going to plan, which was to study and clear up some of the accumulated stuff. Last week was really "nua" week, where I just bummed around. Time to get serious and run the final lap. On second thought, last week wasn't really "nua". I kinda sought advice, made a decision as well.(oh wait that was 2 weeks ago) Wanted to start my plan last week, but I knew it would fail. It did in the end, and I gave up when the 3rd attempt failed. I knew it would fail, cos I already had so many stuff to handle. But sometimes failing can demoralise your troops, which I felt for a while. But reassured myself that this was an extra thing and it would have been a bonus if it happened. Oh well, try again another time.

As I was thinking about it and how people asked me why now, I think, why not. But it's a bit too late now. And then something hit me. I realised it was kinda like deja-vu. And since they were mistakes before, I guess it's time to put my own original plan to use, which hasn't been used before..we'll see...

Oh, and I've also decided to do double concentration. Haven't told my Dad yet, but will break the news soon.

Back on track, and on the same line, I've been hearing how people would choose someone over soomeone. Somehow, it just doesn't seem right to me. Ok, so maybe I do that too, but the point is, you shouldn't tell the person that. Wouldn't you feel second-rated? Like a second hand item at a bazaar. Like.., a replacement? So the thing is, be committed. Such thoughts just leave you ending up being unfaithful. And I've seen how bad things can go.

Sometimes I wonder whether will I do the same, when the same blood runs in me. Maybe that's why I am what I am today. A wiser person, or less foolish one. But sometimes, in a chess game, I make my moves very slowly but good moves. However, in the end, just at the critical moment I can self-destruct. The result still ends up the same way.

Oh well, that's all for now. Better catch some sleep before day breaks.

Die Wahrheit ist Da Drauβen.

PS: The code is waiting to be broken.