Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Sunday, November 14, 2004
I Wanted To Seize The Day, But The Day Seized Me
(Listening to Class 95, all awards weekend)

It's an impulse to write, but my computer's on a project, so I'm writing here. Started studying but thoughts still hang in my head. It's good to begin with a Liverpool win. On the studying front, looks steady at the moment, should be hitting deadlines once I go on overdrive. But what still hangs in my head is not studies, but what people feel for me and how I feel for them. Just that day that lunch, someone said something that has thrown me back into confusion. At first in the beginning I thought it was for fun, then it seemed serious, while my mind was focused on someone else. Just when it really felt serious, I did a litmus test thankfully and concluded that everything was for fun. But that lunch on a rainy day at arts changed everything again. I even dreamed about her that morning just before waking up. But yet I don't know whether should I advance or hold my line. Everything is blurred. On one side it's telling me one thing, on the other it's saying look at what's out there and what you've got yourself into.
As for the truth I was trying to tell. It was more or less my initial target, but as I got to know more and more, things weren't as easy even though I always wanted a challenge. I sat back even longer, trying to figure out the level playing field. The time was almost right, and a smoke screen, in fact a double smoke screen was there for the taking. I was still torn between which target to engage when the closest one got hit from outta nowhere. I kinda saw it coming but didn't paid much attention to it. There was actually time to salvage the situation or do damage control, but I figured out that doing it would mess up everything and kill my own chances and create a big story. Now, with the target almost taken down, all I can do is wonder why I didn't take it then and what would have happened if i had done it earlier. Then again, there are other targets to engage still. It's just a matter of pulling the trigger. My friend has done it and died, there are others who live to tell the tale. Somehow, I think I'm in a good position to survive. One that I don' think I've had before. But yet again, there's always the risk of playing with death right? There you have it. Saying it out feels so much better.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE