Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Saturday, December 11, 2004
It's Been A Day Of Emotions
Started with anticipation,
excitement.
Happy jokes,
lame ones,
and corny ones too.
An objective in mind,
to have fun and enjoy.
But also to do what we're here for.
Then the rain came,
and washed all the enthusiasm away.
Gloom and sickness sets in.
The flu got worse,
I was drenched.
But lunch came to save the day.
Morale was up,
with videos and live singers.
Everything became positive again.
But a small whisper was all that was needed.
To bring some new info which I never knew.
(Or which I didn't want to know but knew there was)
I acted calm,
I shrugged it off.
But deep inside, my heart was cracking.
And everytime I learn something new,
the crack got bigger.
I was in denial,
maybe even all this while.
Although the day ended in victory,
my heart had lost a battle.
Picking the pieces up on the way home,
I pondered,
why am I always 1 step too late?
Maybe what they say was true,
but I always needed to be sure.
Never give up that's what I'll say,
Cos you'll get it some day.
I shall always stay positive,
and believe that the truth contends your heart.

TORN BETWEEN ANGER AND GRIEF