Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Wednesday, February 16, 2005
Vday 2005 Episode 2
This is where the whole thing starts. Here goes. It's actually started on the 13th. It was operation 'Gone in 50 Hours'. My comm had to get, wrap and deliver all the flowers by the end 14th Feb. I went to get the flowers from the nursery on both 13th and 14th. All of us were frantically sorting out orders and preparing each and every one of them. Wrapping, the ribbons, keeping the flowers alive. By the end of the first night, the room was filled with green leaves everywhere and it smelled just like a nursery.
The second day, the 13th, second batch of flowers came. Midway, I went for swimming competition. Came back and it was flowers all the way till the next day. Deliveries had to made that night too. But it was I that had to deliver out on Vday itself. It was tiring but fun, with the weather almost making me sick. Had a sense of satisfaction, seeing couples so happy together.
So this is where my plan came in. I was still deciding the night before but finally went ahead with the plan after much thinking. That day I was hesitant at first, but then, after hours of plucking enough courage, I carried it out. Here how things went...

The following transcript is purely fictional(it never took place) and the names have been changed to protect their identities.

How the conversation would have gone...
14th night
Me: Hey, so how's your date?? Went out without even telling me.
My Best Friend(MBF): Like that loh. Hey at least I asked you if you needed dinner k. Then you leh? You and your big plan...
Me: Hehe, my big plan. It wasn't so big after all. Remember the flowers you tried to wrap for me but I didn't want it wrapped? I personally gave it to her and I told her how I feel.
MBF: Then? What's her reaction?
Me: She was telling me this wasn't the time to joke. Told her I was serious. She was stunned for a moment. It was kinda awkward..
MBF: Then what happened?
Me: Well, to put it bluntly, I was rejected. She said she was happy being single right now and it wasn't time for this. I respected her decision, and I also told her I expected this answer as it will be hard maintaining the relationship also.
MBF: So that's it?
Me: We talked for a while more about some stuff. Then I had to leave cos I had to make another delivery.
MBF: You left cos you had SWOC stuff?? Wah lau, eh, SWOC can wait loh. How can you let THIS impt thing go just like that?
Me: I said what I wanted to say already. It was kinda awkward for both of us as well after some time. It was better to leave, so each of us had time to digest what happened.
MBF: Yeah, quite true. So what are you gonna do next.
Me: I dunno, still feeling a bit down.

Yup, that was roughly how it went. After that for the rest of the day, everybody asked me if I'm ok. I am, just tired from all the deliveries that's all.
Although things didn't work out, I just needed to let her know. At least now I know what she thinks.

SOMETIMES THE TRUTH HURTS