Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Wednesday, December 06, 2006
For The Time Being
Heyz,
I just got back from Korea as most of you know. Will update on that soon. For now this week, I swamped with tests, projects, make-up tests and whatever-bullshit-i-got-myself-into stuff. So like i said, really gotta pull thru this period. After this, it's 2 courses down.

For now here's something to keep u all occupied for the whole week. Typed this in my other blog, so sharing it with you guys too since it's a common topic which I have been wanting to talk about. People I meet in HK. I should be doing one on the food soon, which hopefully will be more comprehensive than this.

As they say, pictures do the talking easily. Here's some of ppl I meet in HK. My mum would complain that I don't take photos of myself enough and always just take scenary. Well, she's right in a way cos it took me almost half a sem to start taking photos of ppl.
So here goes.


The 7th day in HK, I had to go Shenzhen to re-enter as a student using my student visa. So I went with my roommate, seen here on the right with most of his face outta the pic. The rest are his China friends, all from diff parts of China. My roommate's from Xi An, and he always claims there's nothing there. (but there's Qin Shi Huang huge huge grave)


This photo was at a restaurant near my Uni a few weeks later. I went out for dinner with the SMU exchange students, some locals and Korean exchange students. Tried to mix with them, but just couldn't click. Turned out that this was the one and only meeting I had with them. Now we just go on a 'Hi' basis. But it reinforced why I wanted to learn Korean over here. Go guess.


A few weeks later, went to visit the giant Buddha. One of the spots I missed in my previous trips here. The gal on next to me is also from NUS life science, but she's studing in HKUST. Knew her before this cos we had a common friend. So we took this photo to send to her, and we tried to make her initials, YY.


A few weeks later again, I went for one of the rare hall organised activities. We hike to the Peak. Turned out that only the selected few were interested. The ang moh is also an exchange student from US. The rest were all from China, some undergrads, some postgrads. It was an easy hike, at the same time, got to go to the Peak. Found Burger King there, was like going heaven. Will make the pilgrimage again. So BK deprived over here. (good for rehab, hehe)


So, I had to join the Astro Society here. And they had monthly events. For the month of Oct, they had what they call Wild Camp. It was just an overnight camp literally. This was our gruops. So we bought and cooked our food (everything covered by the society), pitched our own tent and all of us slept in the same tent. Yah, you heard me right. Anyway, that night was the peak of the Orionids meteor shower, so we caught shooting stars and I shared my knowledge of astro while they teach me in Cantonese n Chinese.


Halloween came round the corner and celebrations were everywhere. This photo was taken at Ocean Park. They had converted the whole theme park into a halloween theme and had haunted houses. I went with my friends (2 of them left of the pic) and her HKUST friends (3 of them between me and zombie). The one of the extreme left is the other exchange student from NUS in City U. Didn't know there was another NUS student in City U until days before I left Singapore. Second from the left is also from NUS, but exchange to HKUST. I knew her cos we stayed in the same block in Sheares Hall. As you can see, HK really takes Halloween seriously.


The festivities weren't over. Days before the actual day, I went to Lam Kwai Fong with these gals and a few guys who came later to soak in the atmosphere of Halloween. The streets had deco and lights, the bars n pubs all decorated with ghostly stuff and ppl dressed up and paraded the streets. Even the kids were doing it. The gal on the left is the buddy for the other NUS student in CityU. She had jio-ed me to go for this, so I went to check it out. The one on the right is her friend.


So, back to school. This is my Korean class. That day, we had the chance to dress up in the traditional costume and took photos. Even our teacher had her own costume. She second to the left of me in the pic. Ah...language courses are always so fun.


At the City U banquet (it's kinda like a DnD, but a more relaxed open air atmosphere), met my classmates who also went. It's their final year, so going for it was kinda special. I went for free, courtesy of the student exchange office. I must say, between me are two extremes. The one on the right attends almost all classes while the one on the left doesn't, even for labs sometimes. Heard she's a heavy sleeper. Will confront her with that one day.

That's all for now. I know that everyone always asks me how are the gals like over here. Well, you can judge it for yourself.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE