Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Sunday, April 29, 2007
Splash n Dash for the 2nd Leg
Saturday night...

The soccer matches over...., blasting class95..., thunderstorm raging n howling outside..., hot instant noodles at my table..., going through friend's blogs....

Ah... taking a break from studies again...

It's gonna be a long night, so i'm eating again. Decided to start eating my stock of food on a more regular basis since I realise I'm running out of money and the money is actually in the form of food in my shelves.

The match earlier wasn't really important anymore, first time i didn't bother about Liverpool losing it. But heck it, my ecology notes are more important.

Eating noodles and reading blogs now. Kinda feels like a bedtime story eh? Hopefully I dun sleep after this. So decided to post as well.

Splash n Dash, the people in F1 use this for a quick pitstop to add just enough fuel for the last few laps. Just finished 2 papers with 2 more to go, the hardest part is over. Now is to cruise to victory and not falter. Went home after my 2 papers to "refuel" and settle a few stuffs. Basically stay at home for like less than 24 hours, but it kinda screwed my bio clock for the day but now it's ok liao. Just that I lost a day of studying. Shouldn't be a prob. Everything back on schedule, now to go ahead of it.

Was reading a friend's blog when he wrote something that I really have to agree with.

"Yup... I'm graduating!! Somehow, I feel a bit disappointed I couldn't do my Hons.. but then again... Life in NUS has gotten so stuffy and mundane and well... meaningless... in a way, I guess I'm not cut out to sit in a lab and do research... at least not here where the honours projects don't really interest me... Thinking back, there are a lot of things I gave up, or rather, should have done, but didn't... cos my priorities lay elsewhere... but I dun really regret those decisions... After all... everything's helped me put my path in perspective..."
"I was never really one to follow the crowd... in fact, come to think of it, I only wanted to do Hons cos most of my friends said they were doing, and of course, there's the money issue... Hons = extra money... lol.."
"But now... I find happiness in other things..."

In the beginning when I entered life sci, I was like just pass, get the degree then off to post grad medicine. Then things changed along the way. I fell in love with biology and saw my passion in it. I thought about doing Hons cos it was like the only path to further ur studies in S'pore. But it wasn't likely in my case. Then how to succeed? And just as he said, along the way, priorities laid elsewhere, and things changed my perspective. I still want to go the field of nature and biology, but I believe that there's more niches out there waiting for me to explore. It's just a matter of diving into the deep end of the pool. Enough of wading in the shallow end of it, it's time to take the float of and float myself.

I had a dream analyzed by a friend of mine, and it turned out positive cos it was like a nightmare for me. But it kinda ring true in my context. But oh well, it's just like reading a horoscope, don't take it for real and wait for the good things to happen, you gotta make those good things happen.

Okiez, the rain has past, my noodles all eaten up. Time to hit the books again.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE