Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Saturday, March 26, 2005
A Tiring Long Day, But A Well Deserved One
The night before was draggy, with so many of appointments all cramming up. I had pushed all of them to Thur night as I wanted to focus on the SCRC meeting. Turned out to be hell unleashed, but I wasn't Constantine. Had to take the full brunt of it. Manage to damage control a bit, but it was really the first time I was really pissed off in Hall I must say. It was one incident where i had to ask someone to F*** off. Guess I lost it on that note. Still, there were bigger things to settle which made me do it. But that wasn't the issue.
Late into the night, my group finally settled down and started on our project. Decided to go full throttle the next day. After that, had a simple supper but drinks had alcohol which left me all red, but sober. Tried to watch Big Fish after that but couldn't finish it.
Next day started hectic, with nobody waking up for the grocery shopping my comm had to do. Then my friend came in asking for our Resident Fellow's number, saying someone had locked himself in and was afriad he might do something foolish. I refered him to out blk head. Never asked what happened or how it turned out, but I believe things are all right.
Grocery shopping was alright, except still feeling a slight bit of hangover from last night. The funny thing was how all of us had something on right after that and were rushing to end the shopping. Coming back, it was time to put my head down to come out with 1000 words in like 4 hours. Thankfully, I did. Even took 40 winks along the way. I would safely say that the project is 90% done, and we still have 2 weeks ahead of us. GREAT!
Right after that, I had to rush of for another meeting at city hall. We ended in some Jap restaurant in Millenia Walk. Surprisingly, the whole comm was present. The last time this happened was like 2 months ago. The missing person finally came. She had gone MIA of late and now our chair insisted that she come for this. She looked jaded, unlike her cheery old self which we knew. It felt like she was forced to come for this, and the interaction we had between us and her was totally different already. Her smile was just a fading memory of what she used to me. I guess she the one that's singled out. And so it dawned on me how every comm I had been in, there would be someone who would be off, who would seem like his/her absence wouldn't make a difference, like the weakest link just waiting to be eliminated. I never knew this would come, as all of us were quite united and going strong into the second sem. I guess the second sem always stretches us and puts us to the test as it was this sem that you truely see who is capable of pulling through. I'll look into that soon enough.
Moving on, we spent the rest of the night doing a bit of shopping before heading home. As only 2 of us stay in the east, we took the train back and spent some time talking. She seemed prettier today, with the hair pulled back, contacts and look so much more like a woman as compared to when you see her in school. We talked till my stop came, but it wasn't enough. I had actually wanted to ask how her friend, once close, had turned out this way. It would be sad to lose another friend for no reason, and I felt I could do something about it.
Things are changing, I can feel it. Looking back on that day I said it was the turning point. I guess the signs were all there and now I'm going through it. Time to hold onto the sails tightly or they may break when the storm worsens.

THE WORLD IS CHANGING,
I FEEL IT IN THE WATER,
I FEEL IT IN THE EARTH,
I SMELL IT IN THE AIR.
MUCH THAT ONCE WAS, IS LOST,
FOR NONE NOW LIVE WHO REMEMBER IT.