Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Tuesday, September 19, 2006
It Was A Long Weekend
Sorry for delay in the updates. Spent most of the weekend going out, so it was quite tiring when I got back. Had full of activities, even more coming up the next couple of days. Will update whenever I can. So watch this entry...

Wednesday 20/9 update
Just had a fire drill. Standard stuff. Gotta get some nagging stuff outta the way first before I get to this.

Ok, yeah, about the fire drill. It was the usual, evac thru the stairs, blah, blah... Before this, I was like planning how to avoid the whole thing. I had ideas about hiding in my room, going to the library, or hopping down to Mong Kok or Temple Street to shop. But today, I just didn't feel like going out all and decided to stay and wait till the alarm sounded. It was like waiting for something to happen. But after the fire drill got outta the way, it was back to settling some emails here n there and also preparing my trip to Shanghai.

Oh earlier in the day I went for my faculty reception. It was super boring, it was mainly introducing the new staff and giving out awards to the students who did well in their areas. Those who went were mainly freshmen and exchange students. Kinda felt cheated into this.
Same goes for the fire drill. When I went to the MPSH, where we had to gather for a briefing, I was surprised that there were exchange students there. I was like, " Guess these angmohs were equally stupid as me to come for this."

Homework is starting to pile up liao. As I started to write my test dates n datelines on my calender, I realise how little I have left to enjoy. It's gonna be really tight now. That's when my "crazy idea" began to take root...

Monday 25/9 update
Now as I was saying, Lantau Island was the next stop. That's 16th Sept.

Met up with Gaik Chin and crashed her Uni organized tour. So I was a HKUST student for the day. Met my friend's friend, whom we've been on Astrobash together before. It's such a small world. Anyway, first stop was the Ngong Ping, and the giant Buddha. It's really impressive. Took tons of shots of it. The vegetarian that followed was quite good also. One of the best vege meals I've eaten to date. Next stop was Tai O, an old fishing village. It's quite something like Kukup. And we could take a boat ride out to watch dolphins. Manage to catch a few. Quite interesting it was.

We were quite tired by the time we went back to Tung Chung MTR station. What perked us up was the shopping mall next to it. It had factory outlet stores there. Not just one, but a bunch. It was seeing outlet heaven. It was tempting to buy something back, but we hadn't enough money.

17th Sept Sunday
The plan today was to go eat tim sum at Serenade restaurant, but it was too crowded and we had a change of plans. So we tried Spaghetti House. It was really good, they're not called that for nothing. Today was fine weather, and I was feeling trigger happy. So took a lot of landscape shots which I'll join them together soon. It's a long project which I'm working on.

So Gaik Chin had to leave to prepare for her BBQ in the evening, so I went Nam Sham to check out the wellcome supermarket my friends have been talking about. One thing let to another and I started exploring until I ended up in Sham Shui Po. That's like 2 MTR stops away from Kowloon Tong, and I travelled by foot. I'll elaborate more on this part of my travels soon.

Another saga is unfolding in the process.

18th Sept Monday
Another day at school as usual. Was looking forward to getting a PDA and my Hall's 'O' night tomorrow.

19th Sept Tuesday
Had to loan the one day PDA. Tried asking later only to realise that I can have a PDA for the whole sem even though I'm an exchange student. Nevermind, next week I'll get my hands on it.
My hall 'O' night was a quick orientation event. Mainly the year 1s n exchange students attended. I guess the rest aren't even bothered about it. My hall's quite new, so can't blame them if they don't have a sense of belonging to it.

Anyway, we played a few station games, simple but fun. Then met the Hall master, spoke a few words before we had the food. Everyone went for it man. It was very messy. I only manage to get a bit, gotta settle for snacks later. Then there was this lucky draw, and the first number drawn was actually mine! Guess what, I won 30 packets of instant noodles. Guess it's enough to share with the whole floor. Really funny.

That's all for this. Bare facts first before thoughts.

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE