Elaboration
Details are between the lines
Friday, February 29, 2008
The Leap Of Faith
Such a rare occurrence to have Feb 29th, of course must post.

First off, another story, but not part of Little Mermaid.
-----------------------------------------------------------
After some time I’ve finally made up my mind
She is the girl and I really want to make her mine
I’m searching everywhere to find her again
-25 Minutes, Michael Learns to Rock

"So can we....?" I asked those words after thinking about it for a long time.

"Well, I'm sorry, but there's someone else." She tried to sound nice and sorry at the same time when she said that. "You were my first choice, but you couldn't decide back then, and I understand."

"So there's no other way?"

"We can still see each other now and then...."
----------------------------------------------------------
So one door closes and another opens. But it was good, I needed some confirmation of some sort. It was nice tugging along and enjoying it all, but there was a time when I had to ask the blunt truth, and wipe away the nice facade.

So yeah, a gal rejected me. But she was my boss, and because I waited too long, the full time post she wanted to give me was gone. She intended to get 2 full timers this yr, and I was one of them. But 2 others also joined the company at the same time, and they had agreed to go full time while I hung on thinking.... She said she would gimme time to think, but of course I took too long. It was one of those casual conversations that she mentioned that the 2 had gone full time that I realised my position. So I asked more the next day we met. And so the story goes. She's still interested in starting astro programs with me though, but only when she's gonna expand again. And that I believe would be another year later. As usual, she said I would be her first choice when there's an opening. But that's what all bosses say. Still, I keep my fingers crossed.

And so, I've really become a perm-part-time. And yet, still unemployed. At least I now know I gotta go find a real job. But to get a job at your first interview and then rejected by it is kinda hard to take. Never imagined such a weird thing to happen, but hey, life makes it's twists and turns.

Funny thing was that just as I was about to blog this, another company finally contacted me, but I gotta write an essay first before being selected for an interview. Oh well, better than nothing lah.

So that was a few days back. As for the leap day today, quite uneventful actually. Attended a astro talk at NUS followed by stargazing. Caught up with frens in the astro circle. The day before I went to watch The Leap Years. Intended to watch it today, but yesterday was good enough.

The movie was quite nice. Good thing was that it had a local setting, making you feel closer to it. In a movie sense, it was so-so only, as the actors and actresses never looked natural with their perfect english and fluent cantonese the next scene. It just doesn't feel right. But it's the story that makes this movie special. Try to watch it as a how a romantic novel would unfold. Of course, watch it with someone special, like the gal who tried to ask him out on Feb 29th.

So yeah...that's all for now, busy downloading all the vids from Stage 6 after it announced it was shutting down on Feb 28. Still can dl though, but grab while u can.... Again, I'm outta space faster than I can I say "hey i think i need a bigger harddisk". Waiting for the next IT show to get one hopefully. And it depends on my pay for the month of Feb, if it comes through.

Oh well, to end things off, another vid for everyone. Lyrics are in it.



The music vid is here. Can't embed it in here as it's disabled.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sF84pIhP5UM

THE TRUTH IS OUT THERE